Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK Day

I can't tell you how sick I felt last night when the Chargers Lost. And yes, that's Lost with a capital "L", not a typo. In every situation, the Chargers dominated. The Patriots could not stop our running game. Blocking was outstanding. Tackling was great. Rivers was hitting his receivers in the hands with the ball. Our defense pretty much shut down any offense they had. Our punting was superb, pinning them behind the ten yrd line on more than a couple of occasions. What happened? I'll tell you what happened - The Chargers turned the ball over 4 times. The receivers could not catch perfectly thrown passes. Stupid personal foul penalties gave an otherwise stagnant Patriots offense field position and first downs. What happened in the end was the Chargers losing the ticket to the AFC Championship after it was placed firmly in their hands. The Patriots were trying to provide an armed escort for the Chargers to the AFC Championship, but I guess the Charger players didn't want it. I think I would feel better if the Patriots would have crushed us. Yes, the Chargers Lost that game; but the Patriots darned sure didn't win it.

Having said all that - HEY! It's just a GAME! And I'm not even playing in it! But after waiting 30 years for this team to come together and get great players; it's hard to watch them throw it away. It's the Old Yeller Syndrome - I should never have let myself get so attached.

Well, until next football season, GO COLTS!

No comments: